OCTS Important Information
We are following Government guidance around social distancing, and with the wellbeing of clients and staff as our priority face -to-face courses may be switched to online provision if further restrictions are imposed.
How to Book
There is an online booking system which can be accessed from the OCTS website and will provide you with instant confirmation for receipt of your payment and allocation of a place.
Please ensure that the person/organisation funding your training has authorised your attendance before making your booking.
Completing your booking
When completing your booking
- If more than one applicant from the same organisation will be attending the course, only one booking form needs to be completed, but please enter all the names of the attendees.
- If applicants from the same organisation are attending different courses then separate booking forms need to be completed
- Please state clearly the name/s of each applicant on booking forms as this will be used to complete the certificate of attendance.
- Please provide an email address that is checked regularly as this will be used for confirmation and follow up purposes
- You have indicated whether the application comes from a voluntary agency
Allocation of Places
Places are allocated on a first come first served basis
The number of places allocated to a single organisation is not limited
If the course is full:
If the course you are applying for is full, please email your details to be included on a waiting list.
Waiting list applications are only valid for the current term. A new application must be made for all courses for which you wish to apply in future terms.
A cancellation fee of 50% of the course fee will be charged if a place is cancelled up to two weeks prior to the course date. If a cancellation is made within two weeks of the course date the organisation will be charged whether or not its nominee/s attend/s.
CANCELLATIONS MUST BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING/BY EMAIL.
A cancellation form is included with the booking confirmation or one can be downloaded from the downloads page.
We understand that there are many unforeseen circumstances that may result in you having to cancel your booking. Our courses are very well subscribed and we would like in the first instance to be able to reallocate the place to a person on our waiting list. Please could you inform us by email as soon as possible if you need to cancel .
If OCTS has to cancel a course
Very occasionally (and reluctantly) it has been necessary for OCTS to cancel courses. If this does happen delegates will be notified as soon as possible and there will be no charge.
In the unlikely event of a trainer being unable to deliver training, without prior warning of cancellation, OCTS will refund the costs of the course or offer an alternative date.