How to Book
All bookings and bookings’ enquiries should be made by contacting Gina Ball.
Bookings can be made only by using the OCTS application form.
Please ensure that the person/organisation funding your training has authorised your attendance before submitting an application
Where to find an application form
Application forms can be found on the Downloads and forms page of this website.
Completing the application form
When completing the application please ensure that
- One form is completed for each applicant even if more than one person from an organisation wishes to apply for the same course/s
- Handwritten entries are clear and legible
- Your name is shown as you would like it entered on your certificate of attendance
- All courses being applied for are selected
- An address for correspondence is provided for booking confirmation and joining instructions etc
- An e-mail address that is checked regularly, your line manager’s or admin’s perhaps, instead of or as well as your own, is provided. Reminders of bookings are sent by e-mail.
- The address to which the invoice should be sent if it is different to the correspondence address is given
- A purchase order or other reference number is included if it is required on the invoice by your organisation
- You have indicated whether the application comes from a voluntary agency.
Allocation of Places
Places are allocated on a first come first served basis
The number of places allocated to a single organisation is not limited
If your application is successful, within a few days, you will be sent a booking confirmation confirming your place and details of the venue etc.
If your application is unsuccessful you will be advised that the course is over-subscribed and that your name has been placed on a “short notice list”. If a place later becomes available that can be offered to you, you will be notified.
Applications and positions on the “short notice list” are only valid for the current term. A new application must be made for all courses for which you wish to apply in future terms.
A cancellation fee of 50% of the course fee will be charged if a place is cancelled up to two weeks prior to the course date. If a cancellation is made within two weeks of the course date the organisation will be charged whether or not its nominee/s attend/s.
CANCELLATIONS MUST BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING/BY EMAIL.
A cancellation form is included with the booking confirmation or one can be downloaded from the downloads page.
Some courses run unnecessarily without the maximum number of participants, simply because cancellations are not received in time to fill places from the “short notice lists”. In order to lessen the possibility of spaces being wasted, if you do have to cancel, please inform Gina as soon as possible and follow that up with the required written confirmation.
If OCTS has to cancel a course
Very occasionally (and reluctantly) it has been necessary for OCTS to cancel courses. If this does happen delegates will be notified as soon as possible and there will be no charge.
In the unlikely event of a trainer being unable to deliver training, with out prior warning of cancellation, OCTS will refund only the standard public transport travel cost incurred.